[Interest] QSharedDataPointer detach too much ( don't call const )

Michal Lazo xlazom00 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:40:01 CEST 2018

Hello
example
https://pastebin.com/xL9yWhKe

I never used QSharedDataPointer in my code but is is heavily used in Qt
My problem is that I found that QSharedDataPointer prefer non const
operator for access raw pointer to object instead of const variant.
And at the end non const variant call detach() = cloning object
Look at my example and plz debug if conditions

I use compiler MSVC 2015, 2017

My problem is that for example QTextCursor use this constructions and it
heavily call detach. And simple call const variant of method should fix
this.

Anybody can explain this behaviour?