[Interest] Priority of bugs

Krzysztof Kawa krzysiek.kawa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:59:23 CEST 2018

Hi,
I really hate to be "that guy" again, but I'd just like to know what's going on.

Some time ago I complained about bugs not being resolved for many
major releases. I was then told my reports were P2 or lower and I
can't expect them to be taken care of. That sucks for me but I can
understand to some degree.
But now a new release is out and I still have three P1:Critical
issues, reported 3 or 4 releases ago, all being regressions btw, and
nothing is fixed. There's a next major release around the corner and
it doesn't seem to fix these either.

Are only P0 reports looked at? Why do we even have other categories if
they are all treated the same way?

It feels like more and more features I don't need are being added and
more and more features I've been using for years are randomly broken
in new releases and never fixed back while hanging in jira limbo.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a clear policy like certain P level
is fixed or at least a workaround proposed in the span of X releases
at which point they become a block or are dropped entirely? And
shouldn't regressions be treated more seriously? If a new feature has
a bug I just don't start to use it, no problem, but if something
breaks after update I'd like to at least know I can skip a release and
wait for a fix. Now I don't know if it ever gets fixed again.