[Interest] Priority of bugs

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Thu Sep 20 18:48:37 CEST 2018

On 20.09.2018 14:59, Krzysztof Kawa wrote:
> [...] If a new feature has
> a bug I just don't start to use it, no problem, but if something
> breaks after update I'd like to at least know I can skip a release and
> wait for a fix.

While this makes sense, in practice most bug fixing is spent to make the
new features actually work. There is no point in adding features, if
they are not useable because of bugs.

Since time and developer resources are limited, even that goal is hardly
reached, so it seems natural that fixes for other issues need additional
help and/or additional time.

Also note that everyone has their own favorite bugs. For example, I am
still using Qt 4 for one of my applications because of QTBUG-57485, but
hey, Qt 4 still works :)

--
Christoph Feck
KDE Bug Triaging Team