[Interest] Dockwidget show/hide animation

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Thu Sep 20 23:00:46 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 12. September 2018 20:50:18 CEST Fábián Kristóf - Szabolcs wrote:
> I want to implement animated showing/hiding (sliding in-out) of a
> QDockWidget, currently I have implemented this:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBkvHQrQBO0 In this video you can see that
> when I press the buttons, first I get a darker area (I think it's a dock
> window) shown which changes the layout and then the widget itself slides
> in. Is there any way to get rid of that "darker area" behind the widget?
> Maybe animate it together with the widget maybe.

> The code:
> https://github.com/KDE/labplot/commit/3ef13eed12d03ca6f4026f4217b986010096e
> 597

Can somebody please give a hint on what those remnants are in the mdi area
when QDockWidget/QWidget::move() is called? There are no such artefacts when
the dock widget is resized manually. Can we set the color of this area to the
color of the mdi area? Or is there simply a repaint/update missing somewhere?

Thanks and Regards,
Alexander