[Interest] Backporting bugs to Qt 5.6

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Fri Sep 21 11:11:23 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest in contributing to Qt.

You will probably want to read http://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines

And specifically to your questions, bug fixes first go to the current stable brach of Qt (5.11.3 in this case), and once the patches are in, they can be backported to the LTS versions ( 5.11.3 -> 5.9 -> 5.6).

In regards to that, you will probably be able to backport to 5.9, but not to 5.6 anymore, unless it's a serious issue.