[Interest] Qt 5.3.2 with msvc2017

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 23 19:35:21 CEST 2018

On Sunday, 23 September 2018 08:59:56 PDT Russell, Matthew wrote:
> Hmm, sounds good.  I'll forward this to my manager, maybe it'll finally be
> our motivation to upgrade. (we already use Qt 5.9 on other projects)
> Thanks!

You're upgrading your compiler, therefore you should upgrade Qt too.

If you have an existing project you're trying to maintain, I would understand
trying to stick to 5.3. You should still upgrade to at least 5.6, since that
one is getting security fixes (for another half year). But I would understand
if you wanted to keep everything as-is.

You're not. You're trying to upgrade your compiler. Therefore, we're talking
about a major update to your product, which means you have the time to upgrade
the toolchain. Go for 5.12.