[Interest] When Microsoft comes to purchase Qt what will be the outcome?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Sep 25 13:29:29 CEST 2018

There's a suicide pact with the community that if Qt ever stops being updated, that it is relicensed under BSD. I believe that "stops being updated" means failing to release two dot (x.y) releases a year. It is relatively foggy in my find, but dates back to the GNOME competitive days and I think the purchase by Nokia. Someone else might remember better...