[Interest] Porting Qt to our RTOS

Kim Hartman Kim.Hartman at tenasys.com
Thu Sep 27 02:09:47 CEST 2018

I am investigating how to bring Qt to our INtime RTOS. The INtime Distributed RTOS runs on standard PC hardware as a multicore AMP OS (no SMP and not POSIX compliant). Currently the RTOS has only a text console output based on INT10 services. The RTOS is fully preemptive, with strict priority based scheduling, managed process services with rich IPC services. The development environment is tightly coupled with MS VC (2008 and on) with ANSI C and C++11 language support. The RTOS is very stable and been commercially deployed for decades. It lacks a means for graphical programming, mostly for industrial controls application. What is the means to port Qt to this RTOS? We're not intending on building out OpenGL ES 2.0 unless absolutely necessary. I've read some marketing materials about Qt on MCU, however the details seem very thin. It's not Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, QNX, Integrity, or VxWorks... how to go about getting this done?