[Interest] Porting Qt to our RTOS

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Fri Sep 28 09:24:50 CEST 2018

On Freitag, 28. September 2018 00:20:37 CEST Kim Hartman wrote:
> Thanks Tuuka (and others),
>
> We've ported much of the BOOST libraries, so pthreads are most possible.
> I've started an internal audit of the rest of POSIX services we would need
> in order to create an INtime QPA. Is there a more comprehensive list of
> POSIX calls needed for GUI functionality? Is there such a thing as a
> generic QPA?

As Thiago said Posix is for the core stuff not for the GUI, though it is more
than filesystem and network, the core eventloop needs a unix poll(), or a port
of glib. For a gui you just need some way of reading input and for rendering
output. If you support libinput for instance the first part is covered, but
you can also do your own thing, and the second just means we need a API for
opening and writing to a framebuffer and perhaps tell the system when it
should flip/sync the buffer. Getting the graphics working is almost the
simplest part.

Allan