[Interest] Stylized popup menu with caption triangle?

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Fri Sep 28 14:29:30 CEST 2018

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Qt widget that already does this, similar to this javascript example I found: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19089841/extjs-4-2-1-add-a-top-arrow-to-any-popup-menu

I've got a widget that has some buttons on it. When I click on one of those buttons, I want it to popup a menu like the example above, with the triangle appearing to be attached to the edge of the button that was clicked. Technically, I really don't want it to be a QPopupMenu - I want the popup behavior, but I'd rather it just be a generic container widget that I can then put in whatever custom widgets I want

I'm fairly certain I know how to do this from scratch if I have to (grab the button's geometry, place the customized popup where I want it and have its paintEvent() paint the triangle where it needs to be), I'm just wondering if someone has already done it?

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com