[Interest] Parsing data from serialport

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Thu Apr 4 16:43:02 CEST 2019

It relief the main thread from read data all the time and keep a good reactivity. The dedicated thread try to read and can wait until something come along and once it found something that can be parsed, it emit his own signal that the main thread only have to handle into normal slot (will be queued, since it's not the same thread).

But yeah, you can have the main thread do it and process the readyRead(), you main thread will perform the read and parsing. if you have any CRC and other things, this might be bad for application reactivity, depending on the amount of data flowing.