[Interest] Stack trace on Windows

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:56:40 CEST 2019

Am Do., 4. Apr. 2019 um 03:39 Uhr schrieb Hamish Moffatt <
hamish at risingsoftware.com>:

> On 3/4/19 6:34 pm, Roland Winklmeier wrote:
>

> Just for the record since breakpad was mentioned. There is now crashpad (
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/crashpad/crashpad/) which is the
> successor of breakpad. Its far easier to build and integrate compared to
> breakpad. However their GN build files are still very tightly coupled to
> Chrome being the prime user of crashpad. For example changing build flags
> (/MT vs /MD) requires hacking around in the build files which isn't easy,
> but doable.
>

> Thanks Roland.. looks interesting but I can't find any documentation on
> their site on how to incorporate it into an application?!

Maybe look at
https://help.backtrace.io/integration-guides/compiled-languages-and-applications/crashpad-integration-guide.
That explains pretty well how crashpad needs to be integrated. They also
provide Windows prebuilt binaries. It is not necessary to use their crash
collection backend - you still can create your own.