[Interest] QML Audio loops

Marc Van Daele marc.van.daele90 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:45:31 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have the following QML that plays an audio file in an infinite loop.

import QtQuick 2.11

import QtQuick.Window 2.11

import QtMultimedia 5.8

Window {

    visible: true

    width: 640

    height: 480

    title: qsTr("Hello World")

    Audio {

        id: noiseId

        loops: Audio.Infinite

        source: "qrc:/448213__florianreichelt__white-noise.wav"

        onStatusChanged: console.log("status = " + status)

        onError: console.log("error = " + error + " " + errorString)

        onPlaybackStateChanged: console.log("playbackstate = " + playbackState)

    }

    Component.onCompleted: noiseId.play()

}

I used the noise file from here
<https://freesound.org/people/florianreichelt/sounds/448213/>
Unfortunately, after every loop, I hear a clear short hiccup.
Any advice on how to avoid these hiccups?

I'm using Qt5.11.2 on Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks in advance,

Marc