[Interest] QML preprocessing

Alexander Ivash elderorb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:55:54 CEST 2019

I understand that this topic was raised a lot of times and that this
is not QML-way. But, what options do I have in case of requirements to
eliminate all the logging for release builds?

Is there any hidden magic in qmake, like 'QMAKE_SUBSTITUTES' but more
flexible to substitute all the 'console.debug....' with '//
console.debug' right before adding qml into resources?

p.s. Yea, I'm aware of selectors, but would like to avoid having both
component-with-logging.qml and component-with-no-logging.qml

Regards, Alexander