[Interest] QML preprocessing

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Wed Apr 24 20:27:09 CEST 2019

Maybe you can overload the functor directly into the code and import the file only if in debug mode (optional module):
http://udidu.blogspot.com/2012/12/override-console-functions.html

That could also be helpful to split the log into multiple receiver.

Not sure if this would work, but maybe you can override the console.log command into the QQmlScriptEngine and define a new javascript function that does nothing. Maybe into the your main.cpp where you create the QQmlEngine you can call the rootContext() QQmlContext object, maybe you can extract the console object with QVariant contextProperty() and set the debug() property of it with a QQmlExpression, I cannot glue all this together, but maybe something into that direction could be done before you start loading the main qml file. This is far fetched by might work but it seem overcomplicated to me.