[Interest] Building Qt and WebEngine

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Apr 25 10:59:40 CEST 2019

On Donnerstag, 25. April 2019 10:28:42 CEST Volker Enderlein wrote:
> Hi,
>

> when building Qt and WebEngine separately (i.e. not doing an embeddd
> build), do I need to install Qt before building WebEngine and provide
> the path to the installation?
>
> Are there any step by step instructions how to do this? I searched
> already for a while with no luck, apparently using the wrong keywords.

Like any other Qt project, you call the qmake from either the installed or
temporary build path (under qtbase/bin). If you want to build qtwebengine
separately, the builddir need to be somewhere it wouldn't be in a qt5 top-
build. Calling QMake should then cause the configure step to run, and the
project can be built like normal after that. You can put the configure
arguments for webengine on the qmake command line after --. For instance:

<install or temp qtbase build dir>/bin/qmake <webengine source dir> -- -
webengine-proprietary-codecs -system-webengine-ffmpeg -no-webegine-webrtc

Best regards
'Allan