[Interest] [Qt3D] Fast refresh of Text2DEntity does not work

Volker Enderlein volker.enderlein at ifm-chemnitz.de
Tue Apr 30 16:11:37 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm facing a really awkward bug.

I have a Text2DEntity displaying a variable that increases every 100 ms.
But sometimes the display is wrong. A texture is displayed that already
has been shown some time ago. Therefore my value visually does not
increase but jumps between arbitrary values.

Sometimes also the following message is logged:

Warning: [Qt3DRender::GLTexture] No QTextureData generated from Texture
Generator yet

Searching the bug tracker leads to reports

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63561

and

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-65775

They seem somewhat related although they should have been resolved in my
Qt 13.0 beta version or do not apply anymore.

Are those bugs still present? And if they are, is there a workaround?

Cheers, Volker