[Interest] Qt3D Multiple color targets not working

Gil H qt at tastytech.ca
Thu Aug 1 19:42:10 CEST 2019

Hello everyone, I’m sure I’m doing something wrong here, but basically, I’m trying to render multiple frame graph subtrees into multiple texture targets, and then draw those as part of the final scene (kind of like seeing security camera feeds on a few textured quads).  Attached is my minimal test app which shows that only textures attached to Color0 seem to contain anything.  Is it because the surface is a QWindow?  I’ve tried a more complicated example with an offscreen render surface and an FBO with multiple color attachments added to it, but the textures I got back from that were still empty.

Tested this on Mac with Qt 5.13.0.

If anyone is curious about why you would want to do this, I need to render up to 3 different Qt3D scenes for integration into an external GL engine.  So different camera views and scene sub-trees need to be drawn onto separate textures each frame.