[Interest] qdoc \qmltype \inherits Module::Type now broken?

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Sun Aug 4 08:55:42 CEST 2019

04.08.2019, 08:23, "Sze Howe Koh" <szehowe.koh at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 at 08:48, Konstantin Podsvirov
> <konstantin at podsvirov.pro> wrote:
>>  Hello to all!
>>
>>  I'm develop osgQtQuick project:
>>
>>  https://github.com/podsvirov/osgqtquick/tree/develop
>>
>>  And use qdoc to generate documentation:
>>
>>  https://podsvirov.github.io/osgqtquick/osgdoc/index.html
>>
>>  The project consists of several modules, and before with cross-references between modules everything was fine.
>>
>>  I try to upgrade to version Qt 5.12, but the inheritance from types from other modules has stopped working.
>>
>>  I have the impression that the \inherits command stopped recognizing the full type names with the module name prefix.
>>
>>  --
>>  Regards,
>>  Konstantin Podsvirov
>
> Hi Konstantin,
>
> This might be fixed by https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qttools/+/268476
>
> Regards,
> Sze-Howe

Hi Sze-Howe!

Thanks for the help, but it seems this does not work in my case.

I build the qdoc tool from the source code in the 5.13 branch (with commit: qdoc: Fix "Inherited By" output).

The command \inherits still does not recognize fully qualified type names with a module name prefix, but it works without a prefix. But this makes no sense, since it completely ignores what the modules were created for. Therefore, we cannot use types with the same name in different modules.

It's funny, but before, everything worked as it should. The great power of regression ...

Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov