[Interest] DB Nested Transactions and SQLite driver

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Tue Aug 6 01:23:57 CEST 2019

Hello,

does the SQLite driver support nested transactions ?

I looked at the docs. What i found so far:

SQLite itself supports transactions, but no nested ones using the "BEGIN
TRANSACTION" SQL statement.
Instead you have to use the SQL statements
- SAVEPOINT <name>
- RELEASE <name>
- ROLLBACK TO <name>

as documented in
  https://www.sqlite.org/lang_transaction.html

The Qt docs is not clear about this. It points to the SQLite docs.

So my question: Is this integrated (hidden) in the SQLite driver ?
Or do i have to code this (SAVEPOINT ...) into my Qt application ?

If the latter (its my job to code) is true does it make sense to issue a
feature request to the qt bug tracker ?

regards
  Petric