[Interest] Zooming with QGraphicsView/QGraphicsItem

Brad Pepers bpepers at me.com
Thu Aug 8 08:12:38 CEST 2019

In the end the answer is to get the coast as vector data instead of a raster. The raster is going to be at a fixed map scale and any scale above or below is going to extrapolate or interpolate the results eventually ending in poor results because there just isn’t the information needed or too much information is being lost. Having different resolutions should help and you can keep multiple levels and switch between them at appropriate times (LOD). Those are your best bets if you can’t get the actual vector data!

--
Brad