[Interest] Qt3D Multiple color targets not working

Gil H qt at tastytech.ca
Fri Aug 9 21:47:24 CEST 2019

Scratch that, forgot to set the item size to fill the window.  Changing that fixes it in the standalone example.

From: Interest <interest-bounces at qt-project.org> on behalf of Gil H <qt at tastytech.ca>
Date: Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 11:18 AM
To: Qt Interest <interest at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Qt3D Multiple color targets not working

Hi guys, I got it working using Qt3DQuickWindow, but when I tried to integrate the same framegraph in my actual implementation (offscreen rendering to FBO similar to Scene3D’s code) the texture handles come back as 0.

Attached is my standalone example, modified to use Scene3D to illustrate the problem.  It fails to render properly and prints errors about incomplete framebuffers.  If you uncomment the other code block in main.cpp, with a Qt3DQuickWindow it all works fine.  My use case involves taking each rendered texture and drawing it as part of an external custom GL engine.  So, I need Qt3D to render multiple textures of different views, and then I need access to those GL texture handles for manually drawing them onto a different frame buffer.

I know Scene3D creates its own FBO, but after digging through Qt source, I still don’t understand how that interacts with QRenderTarget nodes in the frame graph.  It is “illegal” to have this kind of graph with Scene3D?

Thanks!

Gil