[Interest] Struggling to build qt 5.9.9 for iOS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Aug 10 22:51:45 CEST 2019

On Saturday, 10 August 2019 02:03:19 PDT maitai wrote:
>   items/qquickshadereffect.cpp:511:20: error: aligned allocation function
> of type
>        'void *(unsigned long, enum std::align_val_t)' is only available
> on iOS 11
>        or newer
>          m_glImpl = new QQuickOpenGLShaderEffect(this, this);

Pass -c++14 to configure and please report the issue. This needs to be
automatically detected in configure, but the developers who care about iOS
have probably not been made aware of this problem.

(I'm not one of them)

> So then after some researches I tried to add -c++std c++14 to configure

Right.

> Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
>    "_inflateValidate", referenced from:
>        _png_inflate_claim in libqtlibpng.a(pngrutil.o)
>
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)

That symbol comes from zlib. Are you using Qt's copy or the one that comes
with the system (if any)? My guess is the latter. Can you confirm the SDK copy
*does* have the function in question?

Or is it named z_inflateValidate?