[Interest] iOS in-app purchase issues (Qt 5.13.0)

Tommi Ilmonen tommi.ilmonen at tadadaa.com
Mon Aug 12 10:06:19 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am trying to set up in-app purchases on iOS and test it on a device, using Qt 5.13.0, following the instructions in https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtpurchasing-appstore.html#

Initially, I could not get the product information from the Apple store store, using QInAppStore::registerProduct, although I triple-checked all of the (many) details several times. Then I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHGIij_stpk and found a few more things, which are not mentioned in link above. After taking those into account my app gets the productRegistered signal from QInAppStore.

Here are some notes of the extra steps I took:

1. Fill in all the tax, agreement etc. forms in the App store connect. This also changed some of the forms in my App store "new feature" dialogs.
2. Turn on the "in app purchase entitlement" in XCode
3. Updated the product ids to start with the exact application bundle id. If the bundle id is "com.abcde.MyApp", then the product ids have to be "com.abcde.MyApp.buy1" etc. Using "com.abcde.myapp.buy1" fails.

I am not 100% certain if all of these are mandatory, since things started to work only after doing the last step.

Overall, I am disappointed at Apple for the StoreKit APIs & App store connect that fail with zero debug information, or even basic sanity checks in the App store connect.

Anyhow, I think it makes sense to add these steps to the Qt app store documentation.

--
Tommi Ilmonen - Tadadaa Ltd.