[Interest] Finish QLineEdit editing when user clicks anywhere outside the QLineEdit

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Wed Aug 14 18:35:06 CEST 2019

> I used the QLineEdit  focusOutEvent() event.

Can you elaborate on that? Because when I tested yesterday, if the user clicks on something that does NOT grab focus (for example, any whitespace that exists in the layout between widgets), the line edit never gets a focusOutEvent().

I need it to work if the user clicks ANYWHERE outside the QLineEdit, and there's no way for me to predict/guarantee what the user is going to click on...

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com