[Interest] Qt free software policy

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:36:18 CEST 2019

Le mer. 14 août 2019 à 22:05, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> a
écrit :

> On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 12:17:44 PDT Benjamin TERRIER wrote:
> > The new add-ons modules could be provided as GPLv3 + GPLv2 + LGPLv3.
>
> Just a nitpick: there's no need to have GPL-3.0 and LGPL-3.0 at the same
> time.
> So the combinations are GPL-2.0+LGPL-3.0 and GPL-2.0+GPL-3.0.

You are right.
However; the KDE agreement explicitly states that Qt add-ons must be
available under GPLv3.
So I am wondering if there could be issues with licensing under LGPLv3 but
not under GPLv3, even if for KDE it is equivalent.

> I don't know if there's anything that is GPL-3.0 (without 2.0). There may
> be.

All recent and upcoming modules, except Qt 3D, are GPLv3, but not GPLv2.
The reason I started this thread is that I needed an http server for a Qt
project under GPLv2,
I started to play with the QHttpServer (still work in progress, but working
nice) until I realized
I would not be able to use it because it is GPLv3 only.

BR

Benjamin