[Interest] Android: include and use the translation files of Qt (qt_*.qm)

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Mon Aug 19 15:40:36 CEST 2019

Since you can combine resources, you could either have your resource into a different repos (this is what I do with Git subModules, my i18n repos get update on his own, I do another build for now when I release). But you probably could compile the resource with rcc and dynamically load it by using : QResource::registerResource("/path/to/myresource.rcc"); So you could download them or bundle them to application folder and load them after. You could even make a .rcc for each language.

If I remember well, the .qm are compatible with the major Qt version, so you do not need to update it at each release. But I rarely find an application where I modify the application but the i18n string don't get updated at the same paste. I agree deploying different language pack is a good thing.