[Interest] Building Qt from Git: Information on version of external libraries

Rainer Wiesenfarth rainer_wiesenfarth at trimble.com
Thu Aug 22 15:58:45 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to build Qt (in my case: 5.12.4) from Git and came along the
external ICU and OpenSSL libraries. Is there any page telling which version
of the external libraries was used when building Qt?

In detail: With Qt 5.6.2, I used ICU version 57.x. Since then, ICU seemed
to change quite a bit (at least with version 60, introducing namespaces).
Thus I was wondering if I should use ICU version 62-1, which was the latest
version when 5.12.0-alpha1 came out or if I should go back to ICU version
59.

The same happens for OpenSSL, and maybe also for other libraries. I would
like to see a page telling me which versions the Qt team used when they
built their binary packages...

Cheers, Rainer