[Interest] Qt 5.14 for Android - module "QtQuick" is not installed

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt Eskil.Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt at qt.io
Fri Dec 13 10:19:52 CET 2019

On 10.12.2019 00:10, Nuno Santos wrote:
Hi,

I’ve been trying Qt 5.14 Preview for Android. I’m looking forward to make use of the new app bundle feature.

The problem is that when trying to run an existing project I’m stumbling with the following problem:

I OpenGLRenderer: Initialized EGL, version 1.4
D OpenGLRenderer: Swap behavior 2
W DRC    : QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
W DRC    : qrc:/qml/main.qml:3 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
W DRC    : qrc:/qml/main.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
W DRC    : qrc:/qml/main.qml:1 module "QtQuick" is not installed

I have used the new Qt Creator 4.11.0-rc1 and re-created the android templates. I have replaced all the files except AndroidManifest.xml which I have carefully reviewed the diff and adjusted accordingly.

I’m not very comfortable with the inner workings of Android + Qt glue so I’m wondering if anyone has came across with this kind of problem already.

A blank quick application project works but I have seen it fail too.

Hi, Nuno,

This may be one of two issues with similar symptoms. If the problem is with RC1 or earlier, then it could be https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-80468 which was fixed in RC2.

If it only happens with release packages then it is probably related to the Qt Quick Compiler. You can either disable this to work around it, or apply Andy's patch here (the patch does *not* require rebuilding Qt):

    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-80713

--
Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt
Senior Manager, Graphics