[Interest] mapboxgl plugin and glyphs

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Fri Dec 27 19:49:18 CET 2019

Hello,

Is there a way to specify a specific url for glyphs in mapboxgl plugin?

Longer version:
I need to disable all access to mapbox urls, (i.e. I want to use
mapboxgl plugin just to load our own geojson geometries, and anyway the
app must run completely offline). For that I have put a dummy url in
mapboxgl.mapping.additional_style_urls parameter (namely http://none),
so the map displays only what is added via source, paint, etc. Is there
a better way to inhibit mapbox tiles access? When I use this dummy
address of course qt cannot load glyphs, and as a consequence labels in
geojson are not shown. At the end of the day I will need to specify a
local source for glyphs, is it doable?

Thanks and happy end of year to all

Philippe.