[Interest] Problems with layouting with QML Control 2 Qt 5.12

Federico Ferri federico.ferri.it at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:39:29 CET 2019

On 1 February 2019 at 11:14:01, Roman Wüger (roman.wueger at gmx.at) wrote:

Hello,

i noticed this in every ui file I „design“ in Qt Creator.

To simplify the problem: I have a lot of labels and text input fields next
to the labels.

Under Windows in Qt Creator, everything looks perfect, but then when I
start the app on a device (iOS or Android driven) then the layout looks
horrible. The input fields are shifted and have a different height.

I use the Material style, which is defined in the qtquickcontrols.conf file.

Did I miss something, some options or something else? I thought that the
design qml ui file looks similar on every device?

I had a similar issue. It turned out I was using wrong combinations of
anchors, margins, and other constraints.

But it would be difficult to give you a definitive answer without looking
at some specific testcase.
Can you create a minimal reproducible testcase?