[Interest] Bundle multimedia codecs with application

Bernhard B schluchti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:15:56 CET 2019

@Nikos: thought so :/ The main reason why I wanted to use QML is, that it
can eventually be re-used when the application gets ported to mobile. But I
guess I'll probably have to give up the flexibility and switch to QWidgets
then.

btw: do you have experience with libvlc when it comes to frame extraction?
According to my research, it should be possible to extract frames from
certain positions in the video with libvlc. So, if possible I would like to
kill two birds with one stone and also use libvlc for frame extraction (e.q
extract a frame every x secons). Do you know if libvlc is suited for that?
I know that ffmpeg is probably superior and faster, but if possible I would
like to reduce external dependencies as much as possible.

@Jean-Michaël: I also stumbled accross that one, but wasn't sure whether
it's still actively maintained. At a first glance at the github issues
tracker and the repository it looks like that it's not maintained anymore.

I haven't looked at the project in detail but maybe I can use their QML
implementation as reference.

Thanks,
Bernhard

Am Mo., 4. Feb. 2019, 12:17 hat Jean-Michaël Celerier <
jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com> geschrieben: