[Interest] Issue using QSettings INI format on Windows

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Fri Feb 8 14:46:00 CET 2019

I'm porting an old application from Qt 5.3.2 to Qt 5.9.6 (yeah, I know, we're a lot behind...). I'm running into an issue where code we had that was writing out settings via the QSettings constructor that takes a file name doesn't work anymore. I've attached a fairly minimal example that shows this.

What I've found so far:
- this code works perfectly on Windows using Qt 5.3.2 (mingw 4.8.2)
- this code works perfectly on a Mac using Qt 5.9.6 (clang)
- this code fails on Windows using Qt 5.9.6 (mingw 5.3.0)

Anyone have any ideas?

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com