[Interest] vs. Flutter

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Tue Feb 19 06:58:07 CET 2019

On Feb 18, 2019, at 17:18, René Hansen <renehh at gmail.com<mailto:renehh at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 16:27 Shawn Rutledge <Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io<mailto:Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io>> wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2019, at 15:40, René Hansen <renehh at gmail.com<mailto:renehh at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Achitecturally it's similar to Qt, in that they've build a custom renderer on top of Skia, so the whole scene is basically just OpenGL, which makes it really fast.
>
> Component wise, their UI library offers bother Cupertino and Material design out of the box, and from initial impressions, looks to be closer to the original design guidelines than Qt Quick Controls for. e.g. Material.

In what way?

This might just be my own personal experience, but I've run into weird and "finicky" behaviours with Qt Quick Controls, quite a number of times and so far, from the admittedly smaller sample size, I've not seen the same issues with widgets in Flutter.

That still sounds vague.  I hope you will write up bugs with concrete examples of what’s weird.