[Interest] Qt Location custom osm plugin and high res tiles

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Wed Feb 20 17:33:05 CET 2019

Hi Paolo,

My initial question was concerning a custom map type, not a derived
plugin. So basically you are saying that on a retina x2 screen I can
send back 512x512 tiles and the plugin will mark the tile with
pixelRatio = 2 (i.e not just rescale it) ?

But in fact I would prefer to be able to create my own plugin, because
the charts I am using are just local (some of them drawn on the fly,
some of them stored in mbtiles, some of them encrypted, and potentially
I also need vector tiles). For the time being I create a thread for each
type of map which is also a QTcpServer, but I would prefer to be able to
communicate directly and control more things at the plugin level. I will
investigate all this once more.

Thanks again for you replies
Philippe.