[Interest] Fwd: vs. Flutter

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:06:47 CET 2019

> They even included, scripts to build the app. I'm not sure you have to go
quite that far to be compliant, but awesome nevertheless.

You explicitely have to:

LGPLv3 4. e): Provide Installation Information, but only if you would
otherwise be required to provide such information under section 6 of the
GNU GPL, and only to the extent that such information is necessary to
install and execute a modified version of the Combined Work produced by
recombining or relinking the Application with a modified version of the
Linked Version. (If you use option 4d0, the Installation Information must
accompany the Minimal Corresponding Source and Corresponding Application
Code. If you use option 4d1, you must provide the Installation Information
in the manner specified by section 6 of the GNU GPL for conveying
Corresponding Source.)

And the corresponding GPL part (section 6, emphasis mine) :

The “Corresponding Source” for a work in object code form means* all the
source code needed to generate, install, and (for an executable work) run
the object code and to modify the work, including scripts to control those
activities.* However, it does not include the work's System Libraries, or
general-purpose tools or generally available free programs which are used
unmodified in performing those activities but which are not part of the
work.