[Interest] Fwd: vs. Flutter

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Fri Feb 22 13:39:40 CET 2019

> On 22 Feb 2019, at 13:24, Bernhard B <schluchti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Many thanks to Tuukka for the Qt Roadmap 2019 blog post (https://blog.qt.io/blog/2019/02/22/qt-roadmap-2019/) - very much appreciated!
>
> As the mobile part was not explicitly mentioned, I assume that it won't be a focusing area for 2019 then? :/

Well-bounded features like notifications can still be done if somebody finds the time to do it.  I think that one is good to get done, whether it’s on the roadmap or not, as a cross-platform feature.  I’m kindof interested because I worked on Linux D-Bus support for QSystemTrayIcon a while back, and I think that’s related to desktop notifications.  I think someone else is interested in working on it too.  But I won’t realistically get around to it anytime soon unless a good reason comes up (like having it be a priority either for the company or for a personal project).