[Interest] Odd behaviour when organizing .qml files into folders

Christian Kandeler Christian.Kandeler at qt.io
Mon Feb 25 09:25:34 CET 2019

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:59:16 +0100
mail at herrdiel.de wrote:

> Am 18.02.2019 um 09:29 schrieb Christian Kandeler:
> > I suggest the opposite: Don't have a qrc file at all, but let qmake
> > auto-generate it by adding the qml files directly to RESOURCES.
>
> Wow, that's interesting! I've tried that out for starters.
>
> This excerpt from my .pro file shows what I do:

[...]

> That leads to this project tree:

There are no images in this email, but I assume you are referring to the fact that the QML files don't show up in your project tree initially, while the generated qrc file does. This is in my opinion a combination of two bugs: One in Qt (resources.prf "steals" the source file so it can't be shown directly by Qt Creator), and one in Qt Creator (the generated qrc file should not be shown unless "Hide generated files" is unchecked. We have patches for both on gerrit.

Christian