[Interest] Building for Android: armeabi-v7a and x86

mail at herrdiel.de mail at herrdiel.de
Tue Jan 1 17:28:57 CET 2019

Hi,

I've noticed "by accident" that when building for Android, it doesn't seem to matter what processor
architecture (armeabi-v7a or x86) I build for, my connected device is able to run the program.

First thought: that's cool.

I use an Asus Fone Tab for x86 and various arm devices (Nokia 8, Nexus
10...).

Second thought: how's that possible, does it bring considerable disadvantages, in speed, size or safety?

Is it still advisable - to have to different kits and provide
two different APKs in order to deliver for both architectures?

[I have sent an almost identical mail to android-qt at googlegroups.com 2 weeks ago, but recieved no answer, that's why I'm crossposting it here.]

BR

Sebastian

--