[Interest] Segmentation fault on exiting Qt event loop

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 3 02:42:53 CET 2019

On Wednesday, 2 January 2019 16:20:21 -02 Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 20:27:30 -0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I understand you're working with 4.8. I don't care.
>
> I participated in one of the marketing road shows of the Qt company in
> Munich/2017: one of the speakers asked the audience which Qt version they
> are using.
>
> I don't have exact numbers, but to me it looked like about 25-33% of the
> fingers were for Qt4.

I'm not surprised.

But I also don't care. Or, more clearly: I don't have the time to care. I only
have so many hours per week to work on Qt that I can't afford to spend time in
unsupported versions.

Anyway, I'll gladly read your problem because Qt hasn't changed that much
since 4.8 and will offer advice. But I will in turn assume the current stable
version and test on that version only. If it happens to be something I know
changed, I can point it out. But in general, responsibility for making the
advice apply to an unsupported version is squarely in the hands of whoever is
using an unsupported version.