[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 88, Issue 2

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Thu Jan 3 14:38:10 CET 2019

On 1/3/2019 4:00 AM, Konstantin Shegunov wrote:
>> Yes QApplication destructor is invoked last..Does it makes sense to use
>> deleteLater() in the widget destructors instead of existing delete if it
>> could be cleaned up as part of qApp-quit()?
>>
> Your example code clearly shows otherwise. You have a QObject that's
> created before and destroyed after the application object.

Wow!

Perhaps a better question would be, "How is it that doesn't fault today?"

Just wondering if the test compilation "worked" due to luck of the draw.
May have to go find this code this afternoon after I finish packing and
try it with 5.9.7. Perhaps 5.9.7 on Ubuntu 14 so it has the older compiler.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com