[Interest] Qt 5.12 for Windows (Static)

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Thu Jan 17 11:55:41 CET 2019

Hi Nuno,

Are you sure that the static build of Qt worked?

What happens when you start the debugging by single stepping?  In my
dynamically built exe, I get to qtmain_win.cpp, WinMain routine.  If the
single step works, how far do you get?  If it doesn't, then I think you
may be picking up the wrong runtime dlls - check the path env var.  My
understanding is that a statically built exe still needs dynamic linking
to the c/c++ runtime?  Try running the exe via MS depends utility from
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Hope that helps,