[Interest] QtQuickCompiler interfer with lupdate

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Thu Jan 17 18:31:06 CET 2019

It seem like it was suppose to be fix into 5.12.0 but it doesn't for me, maybe it did not make it in time?

From: Interest <interest-bounces at qt-project.org> On Behalf Of Jérôme Godbout
Sent: January 16, 2019 9:19 AM
To: ekke <ekke at ekkes-corner.org>; interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] QtQuickCompiler interfer with lupdate

Under Linux, I did try the following without success:

!lupdate_only {
                CONFIG += qtquickcompiler

release {
CONFIG += qtquickcompiler

But it doesn't work for both.

Updating 'i18n/mytr.en.ts'...
    Found 0 source text(s) (0 new and 0 already existing)
    Kept 55 obsolete entries
Updating 'i18n/mytr.fr.ts'...
    Found 0 source text(s) (0 new and 0 already existing)
    Kept 55 obsolete entries

If I comment it out:
#CONFIG += qtquickcompiler

Updating 'i18n/ mytr.en.ts'...
    Found 55 source text(s) (55 new and 0 already existing)
Updating 'i18n/ mytr.fr.ts'...
    Found 55 source text(s) (55 new and 0 already existing)

I put the current project into debug just to make sure. Maybe I should pass a flag to lupdate?

From: Interest <interest-bounces at qt-project.org<mailto:interest-bounces at qt-project.org>> On Behalf Of ekke
Sent: January 16, 2019 3:47 AM
To: interest at qt-project.org<mailto:interest at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] QtQuickCompiler interfer with lupdate

I'm using Qt 5.12.0 under macOS 10.13.6 for Android / iOS
QtQuickCompiler is only used in Release Builds and lupdate / QtLinguist / lrelease only in debug builds
all is working fine for me with this constellation


Am 15.01.19 um 23:04 schrieb Jérôme Godbout:

Using Qt 5.12.0. This is under Linux.

I have some internationalization in my project. I made my .pri to add the .qml files and manages the required languages and files. This is all working with the external tools / linguistic. If I have the following line to my .pro
CONFIG += qtquickcompiler
it stop working. lupdate doesn't found anything. Is there something special to do when doing this or should I disable the line with lupdate_only  or lrelease_only into my .pro file? Why using the qtquickcompiler disable the lupdate parsing. Launching the lupdate command  from command line also reproduce the problem.

commenting the compiler make it work again and the lupdate see everything again.

It took me 3h to figure that out, by making an example project and injecting all the diff slowly to find this. If this is wanted maybe an error should be displayed. If it need something else is required, maybe print a warning.



Interest mailing list

Interest at qt-project.org<mailto:Interest at qt-project.org>


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/attachments/20190117/a3d95d20/attachment.html>

More information about the Interest mailing list