[Interest] Qt 5.12 for Windows (Static)

Markus Maier markus.maier.sw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 06:59:23 CET 2019

Which kind of make are you using?

There is QTBUG-53393, and I believe I ran into this at least with Qt
5.9 static msvc builds, using jom for multicore builds. Switching to
nmake made all my issues go. For dynamic builds, jom always has worked
for me for the "make" step.

For the "make install" step, I use nmake in any case (both dynamic and
static), I experienced some issues with "jom install" quite some time
ago (quite a lot of "0 files copied" entries in the build output ...)
which were also completely solved by switching to nmake. I found it
impossible to create a MCVE in this case, so I never reported a bug
for this ...

Best regards
Markus