[Interest] QObject connect/disconnect bug?

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:13:43 CET 2019

Hello,

I have one object (A) in one thread sometimes connecting to another
object (B) in another thread.

Object A connects its slots to B's signals. Once a slot is called, it
disconnects it from the appropriate signal.

But, I have a problem now that sometimes the connection seems to
disappear nowhere. Looks like a race condition bug, because it's not
100% reproducible and is not reproducible in the debug builds at all.
Only in release.

I.e. slot is NOT called when the signal is emitted.

I've added logging to file. I've overridden QObject's connectNotify and
disconnectNotify methods. In the log I see that the connectNotify is
called for signal (and the appropriate disconnectNotify is never
called). In the code where I emit signal I've added the additional
check: QObject::isSignalConnected returns 0 for signal. Thus emit does
not call the slot. But connectNotify was called and disconnectNotify was
NOT. Which means the connection must exist!

Any help? What is going on?

Qt 5.11.3, Windows 10, Visual C++ 2015.