[Interest] 80 column enforcement under Linux

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:10:08 CET 2019

On 18/01/2019 17.44, roland at logikalsolutions.com wrote:
> I was unaware Artistic Style is dead. Haven't found a line length thing
> in it anyway. I am using Artistic Style for formatting because the
> default QtCreator coding style and a project level .astylerc of this:

Hmm... well, maybe, maybe not. Last I remember looking, the code had
been untouched in quite some time. Looking again, I see the last commit
is in April 2018, which is less bad than I thought, but still not
terribly active.

Again, last I knew, it didn't work very well on "modern C++" (which is
to say, using C++11 or later), but of course if you're only doing C,
that may not matter for you.

--
Matthew