[Interest] QWebEnginePage acceptNavigationRequest leads to empty page

Sven Bergner sven.bergner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:11:45 CET 2019

Hi there,
I have an app that uses QWebEngine to show a webpage that has a link to a
pdf document.
Now I want to handle a click on that link by
implementing QWebEnginePage::acceptNavigationRequest().
The method is called an I can check if the link leads to a pdf and if so I
handle the url by myself and return false. The downside is that the
QWebEngineView now shows an empty page.
Is there any way to prevent this? I want to stay on the same page where the
link was clicked.
Any hints?

Best regards,
  Sven