[Interest] notarizing builds for Mac - enabling hardened runtime

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:22:43 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 9:17 AM coroberti . <coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adam,
> Could you please provide more details about notarization without runtime
> hardening by using SDK 10.13?
> Specifically, which Xcode version was used and at which Mac OS?
> Thanks,

See
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution.
Look at the paragraph after the bullet list in the Prepare Your Software
for Notarization section.

I have successfully notarized our application that is built and code signed
with Xcode 9 on macOS 10.13. I did the notarization of the .dmg itself on a
different machine running 10.14 and Xcode 10. The application does not use
hardened runtime.

Adam