[Interest] Checking for refunds - QtPurchasing

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Thu Jul 25 06:55:22 CEST 2019

Hi,

I would recommend to open a ticket at https://bugreports.qt.io/secure/Dashboard.jspa That way the developer taking care of this module will be able to track and comment in the right place.

BR,
Maurice

From: René Hansen <renehh at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 4:49 PM
To: Maurice Kalinowski <Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io>
Cc: interest <interest at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Checking for refunds - QtPurchasing

A bit of further testing on this has offered a few more conclusions.

I was wrong in assuming network connectivity was needed. Turning on Flight Mode and calling restorePurchases() still yields a callback of onPurchaseRestored(), so the billing api must cache this information locally on the phone somewhere.

One caveat though. The callback to onPurchaseRestored() only triggers once per Store {} element during the lifetime of the application. I guess that means, if you'd like to have a check on startup, invalidating a purchase in the case where onPurchaseRestored() is not called, as well as having a restore button somewhere on a buy page, that triggers the same, you'd need two different instances of Store {}, with the same product, in order to accomplish that.

I know refund abuse is commonplace, so would have hoped for a better solution. It seems backwards and very brittle this way.

/René