[Interest] Qt3D: One-shot compute shader

Daniel Proksch Daniel.Proksch at intusurg.com
Sat Jun 1 01:21:27 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a Qt3D FrameGraph (QML) that allows for one-shot dispatch of a compute shader.
My current approach is to add a ComputeCommand component to my ComputeEntity whenever I want the dispatch to happen.
When the compute task is done (i.e. in the next frame) I want to remove the ComputeCommand component again, so that the shader is no longer invoked.

Is that approach reasonable?
And is there a signal that is triggered whenever a frame is completed (so that I can remove the ComputeCommand)?

Many thanks!